2012 Maryland Preservation Award, Maryland Historical Trust
2011 WaveMaker Award, ULI Maryland Chapter
Formerly the historic Towson jail, Marks, Thomas Architects revitalized the notorious stone building to feature 8,500 SF of office suites, with future plans for a café and wine storage.
A perfect example of an innovative approach to sustainability, while paying tribute to the original mid-nineteenth century Italianate style, the prominent historic landmark has been aptly renamed Bosley Hall, in honor of the Towson physician who originally donated the land for the jail building and courthouse in 1854. Lighting was replaced with historic replicas from the appropriate time period. Offices feature the original iron clad jail cell doors and have been updated with state-of- the-art technology.