Marks Thomas is an Architecture, Interior Design and Planning firm specializing in the housing market including Multi-Family, Senior Living, and Adaptive Use. Other market sectors include Education, Recreation and Workplace design. Our work reflects our commitment to shaping and building communities with a focus on sustainable design. Our office is a pleasant, professional, open environment, with business casual attire. Hours of work are during regular business hours under full time employment, though flexibility in your schedule is both required of you and returned to you.
Marks Thomas offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, a great working environment with open-door principals, and the opportunity for individuals to grow to the top of their profession. We have a dynamic office culture with perks including Friday yoga, Wednesday breakfast, happy hour design pin-ups, and annual events like our chili cook-off and Orioles’ games. Social activities include interoffice softball league and volunteering groups.
Please feel free to submit your resumé and portfolio and we will keep it on file.
We are currently seeking…
Moseley Architects provides comprehensive professional architectural, engineering, and interior design solutions to clients seeking responsive and reliable facility planning and design services, as well as specialized expertise. We understand that great design is only one component of a project’s success and strive to deliver high-quality, value-based, and timely service for projects both large and small. As a result, we have maintained a reputation as one of the most trusted design firms in the Mid-Atlantic region since 1969.
We are currently seeking a full-time Interior Designer to be an integral member of our team in Baltimore, Maryland. The Interior Designer will be a creative and organized professional able to work well within Moseley’s multi-discipline design teams in addition to working well independently. Direct and successful interaction with clients on multi-family and senior living projects is preferred.
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Four-year bachelor’s degree with a major in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited university.
- Minimum three years professional design experience with residential, commercial and/or institutional projects.
- Completed or interested in completing NCIDQ and LEED exams
- Attend project team meetings and provide input on items that impact the functionality and aesthetic of the building’s interior.
- Enlarged Specialty Room Layouts
- Finish Schedule Development
- Casework Design and Drawings
- Interior Architectural Details
- Interior Elevations
- Specialty Lighting Design/Recommendations
- Floor Patterns
- Accent Wall/Ceiling Plans
- Finish Specifications
- Color Package: color selection, presentation boards, finish presentation, color schedule & binders, and site/field visits
- Select art work and window treatments
- FF&E Packages: furniture space plans, engineering coordination, furniture selection, furniture finishes, coordination with building’s interior, furniture contract documents (drawings, specifications & front-end bid documents), familiarity with state and national furniture contracts, bid analysis and purchase order release assistance, furniture installation coordination/supervision, and furniture punch
- Assimilation of color palettes
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Perseverance in thorough troubleshooting and creative problem-solving
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong graphic skills
- Knowledge of ADA and general code compliance
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Suite
A valid, unrestricted driver’s license and driving record, as deemed acceptable by our firm’s liability insurance carrier, must be presented and maintained.
Competitive salary; health, life, short-term disability, long-term disability insurance; paid leave; 401(k) plan; and holidays. We also offer more than 70 in-house continuing education courses ranging from technical subjects to communication skills.
Through Moseley’s own in-house Moseley University program, employees are provided with a platform to learn additional skills that can assist with professional development and help pave the way for future advancement, while promoting the core values and attributes that make Moseley Architects unique in the marketplace.
Please submit your cover letter, targeted résumé, and references online at http://www.moseleyarchitects.com/culture/ or via mail at 3200 Norfolk Street, Richmond, VA 23230, Attn: Human Resources.Moseley Architects is an equal opportunity employer.
Urban Designer/ Architect
We’re seeking a multi-talented Urban Designer/ Architect to join our dynamic team of practical visionaries in support of our growing master planning portfolio. This team member will assist the Director of Planning in the design of contextually-sensitive, environmentally and socially sustainable, neighborhoods and campuses that have a strong sense of place. This position is focused on the design of infill, redevelopment, and undeveloped sites with a secondary role of supporting the general architectural needs of our firm.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Research and analyze site data, context, previous studies, and local zoning and building codes
- Work with civil, environmental, and traffic consultants to establish opportunities and constraints
- Develop illustrative master plans supported by diagrams, precedent images, 3D models, and other high-quality graphics to establish a compelling vision for development
- Input master plans into CAD and establish technical framework for urban regulations, streetscapes, and building standards.
- Assist in presentations for clients, community groups, and public agencies
- Support master planning marketing efforts and advance design and documentation standards
- Collaborate within the design team on defining the public realm and technical aspects of site design and building layout
- Bachelors or Masters in Architecture or Urban Design
- 2 to 7 years’ experience preferred
- Knowledge of best planning practices related to pedestrian-oriented design (New Urbanism, Smart Growth, Placemaking)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Revit, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office, and SketchUp
- Outstanding graphic and verbal presentation skills
- Flexibility to focus on a variety of project types and multiple, concurrent projects
Creative problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn and take initiative
Senior Living Architect
Established, award-winning, mid-size architectural and interior design firm seeks a leader to manage and grow our senior living portfolio. We are a Baltimore firm located on the Inner Harbor; our studio is growing in services and expertise in a relaxed but rigorous culture and we are committed to the growth of our nationally recognized senior community work.
Role and Responsibilities include:
- Work with Principals to develop and define the strategic growth for our firm’s senior living portfolio.
- Research and develop current practices, trends and future directions for senior living facilities and care, including independent living, assisted living, memory care and extended care.
- Research and build relationships with our current senior living clients.
- Write, speak and communicate research findings and analysis regarding senior living, both in and out of the office.
- Promote the firm’s expertise in senior living facilities and related design services.
- Manage the quality control of the firm’s senior living work.
- Manage specific senior living architectural projects.
- Identify opportunities for new services and clients in the industry related to senior living.
- Maintain and encourage staff to continue their education in relevant aspects of senior living facilities.
Our ideal candidate will have worked with senior living projects in an architectural firm in a project management capacity for 5-15 years and have a degree in architecture. Communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as self-motivation, enthusiasm and a positive outlook are needed for this position. Equally important than any of those skills and prior experiences is the attribute that you have a deep and sincere interest in senior living issues, an innate ability to collaborate and an extraordinary level of personal initiative.
Our ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of full time work experience with an architectural firm and have a degree in architecture as well as initial registration with IDP. You should have a portfolio of successful designs from school and applicable work and have a strong interest in design, sustainability and socially conscious environments. Equally important to these skills and prior experiences is this key attribute — you should have an innate ability to collaborate and an extraordinary level of personal initiative.